What we're doing...
Our GIS & Mapping team are involved with several, significant inititives currently. These include:
- Working to complete a "Mapplication" as part of the UMapIt team project
- Worked with the University Architect's office and the Office of Space & Real Estate Management, also as part of the UMapIt effort, to form a virtual mapping office for the University.
- Migrating CAD-Based systems to the Esri software suite, a true GIS, including implementing a spatial database (SDE) in Microsoft SQL Server
- Initiating a review of information structure and content for our GIS feature classes (pipes, valves, maholes, etc.)
- Working with the City of Charlottesville Fire Department, and other area and University emergency staff to provide GIS-based information and tools
Have questions or comments? Contact email@example.com