Energy & Utilities encompasses several programs and teams. Programs include planning, information technology & systems, geographical information systems/mapping, environmental compliance, and sustainability, including outreach. Teams include Heating Plants, Chiller Plants, Power Systems Distribution, Utility Systems Distribution, Central Monitoring, Instrumentation, Controls, and Metering, and Recycling.
Energy & Utilities provides sustainable, economic, and reliable energy, utilities, and recycling services to facilities in support of the educational, research, health care and public service mission of the University.
In three words, our mission is "sustainability, reliability, and service."
This mission is accomplished with appreciation for renewable and recoverable resources, dedication to environmental stewardship, and pride in the historical and cultural legacy of the facilities and Grounds.
The success of this mission is achieved through the commitment and dedication of individuals who take great pride in supporting the University community by:
- advancing sustainability through
- committing to environmental stewardship
- reducing energy and water use
- increasing recycling and reducing waste
- increasing the use of renewable and innovative energy technologies
- promoting personal and professional growth and development
- engaging faculty, staff, and students on sustainability initiatives
- respecting the cultural and historical legacy of the University
- ensuring reliability and committing to exceptional customer service through
- monitoring University systems and standing watch on boilers around the clock
- reducing or eliminating inconvenient disruptions in services by scheduling necessary outages to occur on weekends and at night
- responding immediately and without fail to emergencies irrespective of personal plans or time of occurrence
- remaining calm and professional when faced with difficult situations
- being professionally proficient and knowledgeable of University systems
- being willing to work long hours to get the job done and done right
- caring about the University, its resources, and its community.